Executive 11-5-2013

Attendance: Kilduff, St.Jean, Cicero, Sim, Lanoie, Solomon, Rode, Zawatsky, Kempler, Weinreich, Stuart

Academic

Zawatsky: The changes for the new gen eds are good.

Kempler: In my internship I’ve been making academic maps and I think the new system is good.

Kilduff: Essentially what this is, is instead of 7 specific categories for gen eds, it’s a little different. As for the honors program, it has no effect. The honors classes will be redefined to fit into the new system, just like any other classes.

Weinreich: There is a set of learning outcomes that is going to come out of this.

Zawatsky: We’re learning more out of this and it’s a dream come true.

Rode: Students need to learn this and understand it a lot more in the off chance that advisors are misleading about it.

Zawatsky: Tim has been acting as my rep for the UCG committee, and I was hoping he’d give some more details. We can work around that, however. We’re going to want to offer some kind of support for that however. This is still not completely accepted.

Kilduff: We’re going to write an opinion bill on this.

Kilduff: Brian isn’t here because he has a conflict right now. We’re doing a cappella thing. The groups want to have a showcase. They need things like speakers. The problem is that they’re not student groups yet so we want to go through the musicians’ guild and have a cappella to be their guests.

Weinreich: The problem with this is that we don’t want groups that are not student groups holding big events.

Cicero: Is a showcase pressing?

Kilduff: They want to get it off the board

Weinreich: My concern is that student groups will begin to be paid for acts and shows which is not okay. I just want to be careful going about this because they can get the same materials without being senate recognized; it lacks the meaning of becoming a recognized group. My problem isn’t that the musicians’ guild is putting on a show; it’s having the musicians’ guild having them as an act.

Rode: The survey is coming out so make sure that you’re doing it and that everyone you know is doing it.

Kempler: Amanda and I drafted the email to send to the student body

Cicero: Today I met with SEC SAA and tour guides for formal. They came prepared, and they really want to do it.

Weinreich: WOW wants to join Senate Formal as well.

Cicero: It seems to me that we have a lot of groups trying to join. Also, the scholarship is due tomorrow at 5 PM.

Solomon: Ace of cakes registration opened yesterday. Encourage people to do it. Also, I’m pretty sure Adam Schmuter made a video last year for this, so I’ll try to get that to play.

Kempler: PANHEL and IFCs charities are out for philanthropy week, and if senate wants to collect then that would be great. They want things like paint canvases, clothes, stress balls, gift cards, gaming systems, iPods, and more.

Kilduff: We do have that adoptive family so we can do IFC’s and PANHEL’s along with ours.

Solomon: Don’t forget to bring in money for our family. Just give it to me at any point.

Sim: Kim informed us with a problem with a conflict of interest and I submitted something about what Congress does and the clause requires more, apparently. We’ll get more into that another time.

Lanoie: We had a long meeting this past week. We had a group of consultants hired by HRL called Anderson Strictler and the work with real-estate and they’re real estate analysts. HRL contacted Katrina who contacted me to get a hold of commuter students. They got a good group of students who commute from all different areas. They asked basic questions like why don’t you live on campus?

Zawatsky: While working on the bill, the spacing and the font will be fixed later. The content says…(reads the bill)

-Recommendation: 11-0-0

-(valid until reviewed)

-It will be a vote next week

Rode: Senators will have questions about the new program so someone should be able to answer questions. Also, my bill for the union is tomorrow and the architects are coming tomorrow.

Done: 7:54 PM