Executive 2-7-2011

Segal, Roy, Pezza, Prata, Coates, Sinapi, Jones, Juhr, Ferreira, Cologna, Holden, MacKinnon, Holzman

Vice President

Prata: Working on Rainville due Friday I’ll get it in, ski trip is scheduled for Feb 26th but doing co sponsorship with snowboard so now it’s going to be March 12th. Second Saturday of the month and take committee attendance.

Coates: Reassigned committees?

Prata: Not yet

Coates: If people don’t show up tell them their responsibility to talk to Gianna

DOC

Pezza: Started media mentions binder, when office hours go on google and find stuff to expand. Contacted constant contact email server, price by number of contacts. Because were just starting…0 to 500 people is $15 per month. 60 day trial set up is cool and would be useful. Committees could get info out to whole student body. Welcome day April 9th and 16th. They were excited I contacted them. Talked to lady again meeting next week ill go to. Wanted me to see if we can do outreach to student groups to get involved so it’s more student interactive.

Coates: No free programs?

Pezza: Only one we knew of but I can continue to look

Cologna: How would we get emails

Pezza: Set up booth

Sinapi: Make it so every student with id has access through sakai

Coates: We can give away stuff to sign up. Somebody suggested have all students automatically register for listservs and unsubscribe which ever you don’t want

SOARC

Roy: Meeting with Hillel and it went good think we can resolve issue peacefully. Meeting with yearbook tomorrow. Drafted email to all colleges. Jorge behaved wonderful in serious meeting. Gaming club understands why they are category r but still want to meet with finance

Coates: Since we don’t mandate there are advisors, seeing if faculty are interested in something

Coates: Motion to close minutes

Segal 2nd

Coates: Several Bobby Stewart sightings this weekend

MacKinnon: Taking online classes somewhere else and not coming back

Coates: Making Tanya from vice chair to chair because bylaws don’t say

Holzman: Add it to bylaws and make it policy

Coates: If it happened in summer and there is fall elections then it’s different

Cologna: So saying that there should be appeals process

Holzman: Then act like nomination that people be elevated to that position, it can be turned down

MacKinnon: Like appointments?

(Boiteau came in)

MacKinnon: Ryann is on payroll, put T Jones on payroll. Don’t expect my transition stuff till elections is over

(Boiteau leaves)

Coates: Motion to reopen minutes

Prata 2nd

External

Jones: External has yet to decide meeting time, but getting together tomorrow to talk about a bill on bus system for students to be transported off campus, not sure when were meeting after. I posted office hours for myself as of now. Going to coalition meeting Thursday from 6:30 to 8. Once my committee discusses meeting time ill let you know

Prata: Pick a time and they can switch if needed

Jones: We only have like 4or 5 people

Prata: If you set a time, other committees can be moved around.

Jones: We haven’t even met yet, so I don’t know.

Prata: Try and get in touch as best as you can

Roy: Only Nicastro hasn’t been reached

Coates: Wanted to talk about jitney in exec, took poll over break, everybody was in favor I talked to. 3 vans that go from frat circle to bars. I’m supporting. Asked Tanya to put bill together supporting. Wanted to ask exec should her committee, support idea not specific service. Only if it has no financial impact on university and that it goes under operator

Sinapi: What’s argument that it doesn’t promote underage drinking?

Coates: It’s bars responsibility, it’s their fault if they serve underage. Freshman have cars here so they would already have tried. I’ve driven 108 at night and see people swerve. I think this service is really important.

Holzman: Want everybody to keep in mind message that it sends. Constantly have problem people complaining not enough to do on campus.

Sinapi: Use the universities drinking and driving data to promote it so people don’t drive drunk

Cultural

Ferreira: Didn’t meet last week because classes cancelled. Chrissy and I finalized menu for Rammies, waiting to hear from director of bookstore about awards. Getting little engraving thing saying what award they’re winning. It should only cost around $90 for 15 of them. Working on Ellery pond fundraiser and diversity.

Coates: Gianna make announcement about date tonight

Campus

Sinapi: For response team or committee, provost is getting back to me but knew wouldn’t be any complaint at time. Hopefully we’ll have people serving on it.

Coates: get full rundown of why classes weren’t cancelled and I think it wasn’t factual and just that’s why we saw an apology.

Sinapi: Votenet, sakai wont be useful other than review process. Votenet would not be bad financially terrible and wouldn’t take a lot of senators time. Rick uses service.

Coates: You need to get quotes from 3 similar companies

Sinapi: Where’s my contract?

Coates: I called again today. I’m going to call again tomorrow and if he’s out I’m going to walk there and if isn’t there ill call Wednesday and then if he’s there and doesn’t have it I’m calling the president

Secretary

Segal: Nothing really new

CIO

Holzman: New improved versions of transition binder outline stuff. Guide of things that should be in the binder. Organize it like this sheet so it’s uniform. Set up form everyday to not everyday. Try and keep it updated throughout your position. All the stuff next person should be able to read and be like oh I can do this job. And say great I know what’s going on and was happening before and can pick it up and run with it and have a resources so know where to go.

Pezza: Due date?

Holzman: Elections

Treasurer

MacKinnon: Not much

Elections

MacKinnon: For elections booth tomorrow 10-3. Missing sign up list so if you can be around good. Gianna is sending an email. Getting poster tomorrow morning. Jorge made facebook group. Passing elections bill around and it will be on floor next week. Online probably won’t be for now but it will probably be up for next year. Announcement that returning senators must declare.

Coates: See if we can get advertisements everywhere.

Bylaws

Holden: Meeting tomorrow be there

President

Coates: Narragansett town counsel meeting tonight 1030 hopefully don’t get shencked.

Academic

Cologna: Jcap, Labate will talk about at meeting

Coates: Chris knight going to coalition with T Jones. Did get email about other coalition have tentative meeting date on campus.