At the University of Rhode Island, we’re committed to creating an environment that encourages diversity and multiculturalism in all its forms. In cultivating a diverse student body, we enrich our learning, provide an environment for creativity and innovation, and foster greater understanding and awareness of each other and the world.
We work towards this goal by providing the following services:
- Recruitment and retention initiatives that attract and provide support for a diverse population of graduate students
- Consultation on grant applications that advance the diversity goals of the university
- Collaborative relationships with departments and colleges to facilitate graduate student success
- Identifying and providing funding opportunities for graduate students
Earn a Professional Development Badge in Diversity and Inclusion
This program provides students with the conceptual framework and practical skill development necessary to cultivate inclusion in diverse work environments. To complete the badge, students attend five sessions offered by the Diversity and Inclusion program. One of those sessions must be “Fundamentals of Diversity.” Each session runs about an hour.
Past workshops topics:
- Fundamentals of Diversity
- Awakening the Mind to Hidden Bias
- Bystander Intervention Training
- Conducting Inclusive Research
- Teaching Inclusively
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Workforce
Interested in the program? Check our professional development page for workshop dates.
Finished the program? Have your ecampus username and Sakai password (typically your birth date) ready to access your certificate of completion.
For more information on the badge, contact Lisa Furlong.
Have other questions?
Contact Alycia Mosley Austin, assistant dean, Graduate Recruitment and Diversity Initiatives at
(401) 874-4322 or via email.