The scenario below shows how “Cheryl”, a hypothetical State employee HSA owner, uses her insurance and her account to pay for health care.
Go to www.employeebenefits.ri.gov for more information regarding the Choice Plus Plan with a HSA
State of Rhode Island – Choice Plus Plan with a HSA.
How Cheryl uses her HSA when she goes to the doctor
- Cheryl presents her UnitedHealthcare member ID card at the doctor’s office
- Her doctor submits a claim to UnitedHealthcare
- Cheryl fills her prescription and pays for it with her HSA Debit MasterCard® card
- Cheryl receives and pays her doctor’s bill with her HSA Debit MasterCard® card
- Cheryl retains her receipts
Go to www.employeebenefits.ri.gov for much more information regarding the Choice Plus Plan with a HSA!