For most programs, the application process begins the semester before you want to go. Every program will request different application materials. You must meet with an Education Abroad Advisor to keep the process and you on target. Pay close attention to deadlines and begin planning early!
Program application deadlines vary from program to program. Most programs accept qualified applicants on a “first-come, first serve” basis. By and large, most applications are due during the semester before the start of the program. Keep in mind that some programs have early deadlines.
Generally speaking, study abroad applications will require the following:
- Program Application Forms/Information Sheets
- Personal Essay
- Student Agreement and Release Form
- URI Social Standing Approval Form
- Financial Information Form
- Faculty/Academic Advisor References
- Official Transcripts from all universities/colleges attended
- Application fee and/or program deposit
Students applying to a non-affiliated program should read “Information for Students Participating in a Non-affiliated Study Abroad Program.”
NEXT STEP: Complete URI’s Pre-departure Paperwork