The minor in Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) is a great way to master the fundamentals of biology at the molecular and cellular level, learn scientific methods and interpret data, and apply this knowledge to your major of choice.
To declare a minor in CMB, you must have the approval of the CMB department chair (or faculty sponsor), and your academic dean.
- At least 18 credits of courses offered by CMB (or related fields)
- At least 12 of the 18 credits required must be at the 200-level or above
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 must be earned in the credits required for the minor
- At least 8 of the credits must be earned at URI
- A maximum of two courses required in your major may be used to apply to both the major and minor fields of study
- Courses from other curricula that are recommended or required for the major may apply to the minor
- General Education courses may be used for the minor
- Courses in the minor may not be taken under the pass-fail grading option