Obtaining your visa

Request an extension

All immigration documents, including your I-20 (F-1) or DS-2019 (J-1) must be current at all times while you are in the US. You are responsible for keeping track of the expiration date of your immigration documents. If you need to extend your I-20 or DS-2019 download the extension request form and submit it to the OISS along with the respective proof of funding (such as assistantships, scholarships, or personal funds) for approval.

Extension request forms

We’re here to help

A picture of the International Center decorated for the fall semester

Office of International Students and Scholars

Monday – Friday
8:30am – 4:30pm Eastern Time

International Center
37 Lower College Road
Kingston, RI, 02881