2020 Honors Colloquium
September 22, 2020–December 1, 2020
The University of Rhode Island’s 2020 Honors Colloquium, coinciding with the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disability Act, will focus on the views and expectations of those affected by disability, steering away from the impossible to the possible.
This year’s Honors Colloquium will be held virtually on Tuesday evenings at 7 p.m. Please join us online for these free events.
Coordinators: Tiffani Kisler, Anita Jacobson
Advisory Committee: Emily Clapham, Anne-Marie Dupre
Videos of presentations will be available on the speaker pages linked below, unless otherwise noted.
- The Implausible Pursuit of Perfection and its Impact on Our Perception of Imperfect People - Rick Rader Watch video
September 22, 2020
- Disability and Entertainment - Maysoon Zayid
September 29, 2020
- Disability and Sports - Panel of Paralympic Athletes Watch video
October 13, 2020
- The Evidence for Employment Interventions for People with Disabilities: What Works, What Doesn’t, and What’s Promising - David Mann Watch video
October 20, 2020
- Healthcare Disparities for People with Disability - Lisa Iezzoni Watch video
October 27, 2020
- Intelligent Lives: Reshaping Expectations for Learning - Dan Habib
November 10, 2020
- Advancing Technology for People with Disabilities - Rory A Cooper Watch video
November 17, 2020
- Disability and Fashion - Stephanie Thomas Watch video
December 15, 2020
- Disability and Race - ChrisTiana ObeySumner Watch video
December 8, 2020
Learn more about the URI Honors Program.