Ellen Sturtevant Receives a Clinical Practice Award

Dr. Ellen Sturtevant, URI adjunct professor of pediatric physical therapy, was recently awarded the Outstanding Pediatric Clinical Practice Award by the Pediatric Section of the APTA at Combined Sections Meeting. The award goes to a physical therapist who has demonstrated going “above and beyond” typical job expectations including exhibiting creativity, adaptability, energy, dedication, and innovation; of at least one of the following: advocacy, volunteer work, community service, or service to underserved populations; of competency as identified by each of the following: experiences of colleagues and clients or caregivers, ability to make intervention meaningful to children and families, effectiveness in meeting identified goals for children. She commented that “throughout my career, I have had incredible opportunities for professional and personal growth! My motivation has always been to provide quality care to all my children and their families. I feel very honored to be even considered for this recognition and could not have received this award without the support of the great teams I have had the pleasure to work with all along the way!”