Stephanie Franca Rich ’24

Hometown: Block Island, RI

I chose URI because it allowed me to grow as a person and be away from home, but also have the comfort of being relatively close to home as well.

The biggest takeaway from my experience at URI is the sense of community. As a Block Island resident, my biggest fear was not being able to fit in. Throughout my years at URI, I was able to make so many friendships and connections. I couldn’t have asked for a more supportive and positive friend group.

My advice to fellow Health Studies majors would be to explore your opportunities as both a student and an upcoming working professional. The greatest strength of the program is the faculty. Amongst all the faculty and staff, Dr. Steven Cohen and Dr. Molly Greaney have contributed so much to my education and are fantastic people to work with.

As a student, I had the privilege to work with URI EMS and Classroom Media Assistance (CMA). I also became a member of the Delta Epsilon Mu, Public Health Club, and played intramural volleyball.

In the Fall, I will be attending Boston University to pursue my Master of Public Health!