Executive 10-16-2013

MEETING START TIME:

5:34

ATTENDANCE:

Kempler, Kilduff, St.Jean, Sim, Cicero, Solomon, Weinreich, Rode, Sit, Stuart

-FINANCE CHAIR:

Sit: We will have a bill next week that should be added to the handbook. With a ¾ vote by the committee it will be passed

-STUDENT ORGANIZATION ADVISORY AND REVIEW COMMITTEE (SOARC) CHAIR

Weinreich: Anyone with an * next to their name had an issue with their re-recognition. The bill is a vote next week and will be introduced on the floor tonight in the general meeting. There are 4 groups being moved to affiliates that will be a part of this bill. The compacts are gone after this.

-ACADEMIC AFFAIRS CHAIR

-EXTERNAL AFFAIRS CHAIR

-CULTURAL AFFAIRS CHAIR

Sit: I think that cultural should be in charge of the carnival because it is programming year after year.

-CAMPUS AFFAIRS CHAIR

Rode: My safety and lighting walk is tomorrow. Meet at 6:15. There are a lot of people coming. In the past this has been one group. I am going to have an evaluation sheet after the walk so that people can say the strengths and weaknesses that we had during it. Friday I am meeting with a woman in charge of creating an emergency response plan so if you have any questions, let me know.

Weinreich: If we have a good plan but if no one knows about then it’s a waste of time.

Rode: We were thinking about having an alcohol test for people to take. We’re also going to start working on the arming of campus police and possibly putting display boxes outside, but that will be later. Paul and I are going to make a survey monkey to get opinions on arming campus police.

-EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:

a. Chief Information Officer

b. Director of Communications

c. Director of Marketing & Recruitment

d. Secretary

e. Treasurer

Sim: No report

f. Vice President

Cicero: There were a lot of Roberts Rules of Order problems last week that we need to work on. Also, are we interested in having tour guides in our formal?

Kilduff: No

Cicero: Scholarship applications are online so if you’re interested, fill it out. Eric Wong and Morgan Boutmy need mentors. Also, I sent out committee assignments, so if you need more people, let me know.

g. President

Kilduff: Dooley is going to push back the gun opinion by December so I want to get our opinion out by then and it needs to be a good survey.

MEETING ADJOURNMENT TIME: