Executive 9-24-2013

MEETING START TIME: 7:00

ATTENDANCE:

Kilduff, St.Jean, Kempler, Rode, Lanoie, Solomon, Weinreich, Zawatsky, Cicero, Sit, Stuart

GENERAL DISCUSSION:

FINANCE:

Sit: There’s an alcohol free grant tomorrow on the floor and two bills that are already going out and the cigar is requesting a new printer but we want to see if theirs is repairable. And I want tomorrow to go quick but there’s a budget that we’ll treat as a contingency grant.

ACADEMIC:

Zawatsky: No report

SOARC:

Weinreich: We need to fix something in a bill. Part 4 section on grants has a missing word that completely changes the wording of the bill. I forgot the word funded. So we need to work on that. I thought I put it in, but I overlooked it. I’ll put in a bill to get that fixed. The bill is already in effect and that’s why a bill needs to be put in to get it fixed. We have protection from this being a problem right now.

Kilduff: Do your best to get it immediately done

Zawatsky: Is there any official number of times on immediate consideration?

Kilduff: No

Weinreich: Re-rec has started and there haven’t been many problems with it yet. Other than that, I’m expecting 100+ emails over the next two weeks and at the presidents meeting I’ll go over that with groups. You have until the 14 or you’re not being recognized. I won’t spend two months working on the re-rec bill. I can’t make my committee meet on the 14 but I’ll do my best to work on it. I also don’t have many people on my committee so we need to work on that.

Cicero: You should be at 5 total, which is that ok for now?

Weinreich: That’s alright. Brian, can you have anyone that does both of our committees?

Sit: I’ll see what I can do

Cicero: There are some issues and we really need to make sure we fill SOARC and Finance

CAMPUS:

Rode: I sent out my invitation for the safety and lighting walk and important people are going on it!

Zawatsky: There’s a forum on campus safety, and then it says URI Student Rep at the end.

Rode: It’s the firearm thing

EXTERNAL:

Lanoie: There is a bill on the floor for the $7400 for the carnival. Once I get the contracts tomorrow we’ll be all set. I also have some left over money so maybe we can get some candy. I contacted Paul and Sydney and they’re both willing to help me with flyers.

CULTURAL:

Solomon: Did you get Abby’s email?

Kilduff: Yes but I don’t understand it.

Solomon: It’s for Mr. URI

Kilduff: It’s very odd to me. They want to have practices during the month of October.

Cicero: I would see if anyone wants to do it first before we vote for anyone to do it.

Rode: And it’s the same day as Barstool.

Zawatsky: This is Mr. URI?

Kilduff: Instead of like a pageant it’s supposed to be funny and the first practice is supposed to be in a week.

Solomon: It’s on the 23, a Wednesday now. So someone would have to miss a meeting. Safe-zone is in room 318 in the union from 12:30-2:30

Cicero: If you see Allison can we talk to her about the time of low ropes.

Solomon: Friday at 3:00 I’m doing stand up sit down for diversity week

CIO:

St.Jean: No report

TREASURER:

DOC:

Kempler: I need everyone’s stuff that they need in the newsletter by Friday because that’s when I’m doing it. Get me the information please.

Zawatsky: My committee is doing a lot of academic complaints for things like the readership program.

Kempler: Send me how to file an academic complaint. My office hours are from 11-2 on Friday. I’ll be here all day, so if I don’t get it my then you probably won’t be in it.

Cicero: I actually changed the date of the deadline of the scholarship. I pushed it back to the 6th of November at 5 PM.

SECRETARY:

Stuart: I’m not going to get the new google drive going for committee minutes until our new senate is in their committees

VICE PRESIDENT:

Cicero: I’ll give out an office hour to anyone that goes to a diversity week. Also, MCC is in the works of making a Diversity Council to get recognized by senate. They’re in the beginning stages and will be contacting SOARC and Finance.

Kilduff: They should talk to us.

Weinreich: There will be no more compacts.

Cicero: Once they’re on the same page as Naomi we’ll see what happens. Also, I’m getting the scholarship committee going. If you’re interested in being on the committee talk to me. Anyone interested in applying, you can apply for one or the other. It’s up on the new website. Also, the commencement committee members, they’re looking for a junior and a senior. We can bring it up in the meeting again. The only other thing is, did everyone sign a waiver for the second ropes course?

Solomon: I just wanted to interject…Pitu says stipends are in. Also, do I have to mention that I have someone on my committee that’s on the President’s commission on the status of a Woman.

PRESIDENT:

Kilduff: President Dooley’s Secretary emailed me and they’re having state wide panels to talk about arming campus police and the feasibility of it and also about what happened for gun violence in a whole. They also wanted me to do it but I can’t because I have class. We’re thinking about basing ours off of Brown’s system. We are going to sponsor that and you are welcome to go. The other thing is I’m proposing to change the DOM position; he doesn’t have a vote, he’s an intern, and any other aspect of the job is the DOC’s job. He needs to be at the general meetings but having him go to more meetings than he has to makes it difficult for them to do their jobs. I won’t put it up for a vote until next week.

MEETING ADJOURNMENT TIME:

7:46