- Why Choose the Humanities? shows how 4 URI Alumn chose to major in the Humanities, and why they’re glad they did!
- Coping with Resistance to the Humanities is a great tool for you to show your students how URI Alumn dealt with resistance from family and friends about their choice to major in the Humanities.
- Join us in celebrating the URI Center for Humanities’ 20th Anniversary by taking a look at our past, and learning how we are working to build on our future.
- Learn what Teaching in the Humanities is all about, in the words of Cheryl Foster, 2013 Carnegie Foundation ‘Professor of the Year’ and Rachel Walshe, URI’s first Rhodes Scholar.
- Learn the value of Research and the Archive, in the words of Mary Cappello, winner of the 2011 Guggenheim Fellowship, and Wendy Roworth, expert on 18th century artist Angelica Kauffman.
- Susan Dalton talks with Professor Catherine Sama at Interacting with Print conference, an interdisciplinary, interinstitutional research group devoted to the study of European print culture in the period 1700-1900.
- NEH Chairman Jim Leach - 2013 URI Spring Humanities Festival Keynote Address
- Bill Harley - Two Time Grammy Award Winner, 2013 URI Spring Humanities Festival Keynote Address.
- Dr. Lynn Pasquerella - President, Mt. Holyoke College, March 29, 2012, URI Spring Humanities Festival Keynote Address.
- Annu Palakunnathu Matthew - Professor of Art (Photography) at URI.
- Richard McIntyre - Professor of Economics and Director of the Honors Program
Copyright © 2014 University of Rhode Island.