What to Include in My IRB Submission Package?
What you must submit in your IRB Application
All packages must include:
- IRB Application
- Research proposal
- CITI training for all key personnel
Your package may require additional documents
Does your research involve collection of data from human subjects?
– Informed Consent Form
Does your research involve collection of data from minors?
– Assent form
– Parental Permission Form
Have you apply for funding for this research?
– Grant Application
Has or will this research be submitted to another IRB or committee?
– IRB Approval letter or Letter of Authorization
Will you have independent investigators who are not affiliated with URI or another institution with a FWA?
– Unaffiliated Investigator Form
Does your research have collaborative agency, organization or institution?
– Letter of Agreement to participate in research
Does your research use questionnaires research instruments or surveys?
Does your research involve any recruitment?
– Copies of all flyers, email recruiting letters, telephone and oral scripts
Does this research protocol fulfill MA or PhD requirements?
– MA/PhD Proposal
– SIGNED copy of MA/PhD Proposal Approval Sheet
– CITI certificate for student and major professor
Does your research involve HIPPA data?
– HIPPA Research Authorization Form or Waiver of Authorization
Does your research involve deception?
– Debriefing script