Review the Getting Started with Starfish for Students to learn about how to create your profile and make appointments with advisors and professors.
1. How do I make an appointment with my advisor or professor?
Follow the steps below to make an appointment with an advisor or a professor who has set-up their calendar in Starfish. If you do not see your advisor in your Success Network or they have not set-up their calendar in Starfish, please reach out to that person via email to learn about how to make an appointment.
1. Log-in to Starfish using your Ecampus username and Sakai password: Starfish Link
2. Click on My Success Network on the left-hand side of the page. This will show you all of the people on campus with whom you have a relationship. You can set-up an appointment if they have an online calendar.
3. Click the hyperlink of the person’s name to view their calendar or click on “schedule appointment.”
4. Browse their calendar and choose an available meeting time by clicking on Sign Up.
5. Follow the prompts and click Save. You will receive an email confirmation of the appointment.
2. How do I make an appointment with an advisor other than my own to discuss a change of major or to add a major or minor?
All students in University College for Academic Success have access to a service in Starfish called Discuss Change of Major/Minor. This service will show up in your Success Network and provides a list of all of the advisors in UCAS. NOTE that advisors specialize in specific majors. You can search for the appropriate advisor by typing the name of the advisor or the major of interest into the search bar within the service.
3. What browsers can I use for Starfish?
- Internet Explorer 11 (Note that SF does not support Microsoft Edge, which is the default browser on Windows 10. IE11 should also be available on Windows 10 so we recommend to use IE11.)
- Firefox Latest Version and 1 previous and most recent ESR version (see https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/) version information @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_version_history#Current_and_future_releases, and https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/
- Chrome Latest Version and 1 previous version information @https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome_version_history
- Safari Latest Version and 1 previous – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safari_version_history (SF does not support Opera.)
For questions or technical support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org