The University of Rhode Island hosts dozens of camps and programs on a wide variety of themes for all ages.
From computers, landscape architecture, engineering and sports to sailing, strings, jazz and more, a host of programs will make summer sizzle for all!
- Artificial Intelligence Camp - Students from elementary to high school will work on hands-on projects while learning robotics, circuits, programming, 3D modeling, and 3D printing.
- Computer Camp - Each of the one-week Camp sessions has a different topic that ranges from game web-page design to python programming, and is specialized for a different ages and ability level.
- Farm Day Camp - Farm Day Camp offers children an old-fashioned country farm experience. It’s classic New England barn is surrounded by rocky pastures, lush gardens, a pristine pond, and welcoming forest trails.
- Fit2Cook4Kids - Craft delicious meals with a professional chef and learn about healthy lifestyle choices at Fit2Cook4Kids.
- Jazz Camp at Newport - The Jazz Camp at Newport is an exciting opportunity for students ages 14-18 to meet new people, learn from experienced music professors and discover the depths of their talent during a weeklong series of classes, rehearsals and more.
- KIDSEYE Summer Filmmaking Camp - An intensive and fun five-day summer camp that exposes young people to the basic elements of the filmmaking process, culminating in a premiere screening of their finished work.
- Learn to Sail - Sailing classes for all ages with an instructor or volunteer. Our instructors use inquiry-based, experiential teaching techniques as they cover topics such as buoyancy, simple machines on sailboats, wind power, and water quality testing.
- Learn to Swim - Let your children learn a skill that lasts a lifetime! Our Learn-to-Swim program offers a group instructional setting for participants of all swimming levels–from infants to teens.
- Ocean Science Exploration Camp at the Inner Space Center - Ocean explorers will engage in hands-on activities and investigations, tune into live oceanographic expeditions, meet scientists, and learn about different ocean careers.
- URI Athletics Camps and Clinics - Rhode Island Athletics offers several camps and clinics for youth and aspiring college athletes, including baseball, basketball, soccer, football, rowing, and volleyball.
- Summer Institute in Digital Literacy - This six-day institute focuses on how literacy is changing as a result of emerging media and technologies.
- Summer Session Classes - Hundreds of course selections from African American Studies to Writing, with offerings from every college of the University; including Business, Pharmacy, Engineering and Nursing.