The University of Rhode Island hosts dozens of camps and programs on a wide variety of themes for all ages.
Social distancing requirements have affected many summer camps. Please check with camp organizers for the current status of any camp.
From computers, landscape architecture, engineering and sports to sailing, strings, jazz and more, a host of programs will make summer sizzle for all!
- Artificial Intelligence Camp - Students from elementary to high school will work on hands-on projects while learning robotics, circuits, programming, 3D modeling, and 3D printing.
- Computer Camp - Each of the one-week Camp sessions has a different topic that ranges from game web-page design to python programming, and is specialized for a different ages and ability level.
- Farm Day Camp - Farm Day Camp offers children an old-fashioned country farm experience. It’s classic New England barn is surrounded by rocky pastures, lush gardens, a pristine pond, and welcoming forest trails.
- Fit2Cook4Kids - Craft delicious meals with a professional chef and learn about healthy lifestyle choices at Fit2Cook4Kids.
- Jazz Camp at Newport - The Jazz Camp at Newport is an exciting opportunity for students ages 14-18 to meet new people, learn from experienced music professors and discover the depths of their talent during a weeklong series of classes, rehearsals and more.
- KIDSEYE Summer Filmmaking Camp - An intensive and fun five-day summer camp that exposes young people to the basic elements of the filmmaking process, culminating in a premiere screening of their finished work.
- Learn to Sail - Sailing classes for all ages with an instructor or volunteer. Our instructors use inquiry-based, experiential teaching techniques as they cover topics such as buoyancy, simple machines on sailboats, wind power, and water quality testing.
- Learn to Swim - Let your children learn a skill that lasts a lifetime! Our Learn-to-Swim program offers a group instructional setting for participants of all swimming levels–from infants to teens.
- Ocean Science Exploration Camp at the Inner Space Center - Ocean explorers will engage in hands-on activities and investigations, tune into live oceanographic expeditions, meet scientists, and learn about different ocean careers.
- URI Athletics Camps and Clinics - Rhode Island Athletics offers several camps and clinics for youth and aspiring college athletes, including baseball, basketball, soccer, football, rowing, and volleyball.
- Summer Institute in Digital Literacy - This six-day institute focuses on how literacy is changing as a result of emerging media and technologies.
- Summer Session Classes - Hundreds of course selections from African American Studies to Writing, with offerings from every college of the University; including Business, Pharmacy, Engineering and Nursing.