Dependable Cyber-Physical Systems Laboratory
In DeCPS, we will focus on increasing the resilience of cyber-physical systems (CPS) and Internet of Things (IoT) through advanced network and system technologies.
Our research interests span multiple disciplines in computer science/engineering and electrical engineering. These disciplines include cyber-security, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS), Internet of Things (IoT), Software-Defined Networking (SDN), and applicable deep learning techniques. We are also interested in other advanced techniques that can help our projects, including deep learning, Blockchain-based fault-tolerance, etc.
To Prospective Students
- I am looking for highly self-motivated Ph.D. students who are strongly committed to research in the direction related to cybersecurity, CPS, and IoT. If you are interested, please send your CV, transcripts, TOEFL and GRE scores, and everything else that you believe will help your application to me.
- Knowledge in software-defined networking (SDN) and edge computing is preferred, but not required.
- Experiences in deep learning and data analytics are preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge in power engineering domain is welcome to apply
- One Position Available at the University of Rhode Island (Fall 2022) - I am looking for Ph.D. students (1 position at this moment) as research assistants to join my group. We will work on interdisciplinary projects to enhance the resiliency of today’s cyber-physical systems and Internet-of-things, such as electric power grids. Students with interests and experiences in areas related to system/network security and reliability, computer networks, and […]
- [2022 January ] Dr. Hui Lin receives the NSF CAREER award. Thank NSF for the support! -