Peter Hammond, Principal Electrical Engineer, Raytheon

All the students I spoke with seem like ambitious and very smart people. This is such a unique asset to the University.”

Dear Professor Sunak,

I wanted to let you know that I had a wonderful experience at the ELECOMP Capstone Design Fall Symposium on December 20th, 2019!  It was so good to see you again after more than 30 years. I want to congratulate you on such a meaningful, well developed, and organized program.  I remember when you were the IEEE Student Advisor and we tried to establish a “Corporate Window” program in 1988. I remember stuffing envelopes and sending them out on a national level. We got a few responses where local companies came and presented information and answered questions. I think that now with technology so much more advanced with the connectivity we have now, this has become a reality, but not without your efforts and talents as a very effective high-level administrator.  I also believe that our local industries are much more advanced technology and are more plentiful than they were back then.  We have good robust industrial development in our area now. All the students I spoke with seem like ambitious and very smart people. This is such a unique asset to the University.

I will speak to my department manager, and others at Raytheon and tell them of my experience.  I’ll do my best to solicit support, mostly because I believe it’s something to be treasured and encouraged.  We also gain so much from it on our end.  It’s truly a win-win!

Best Regards,

Peter Hammond: URI Class of 1989

Principal Electrical Engineer

Raytheon Company

1847 W Main Road,

Portsmouth, RI 02871

https://www.linkedin.com/in/plhammond/

Think Big We Do