2023 Graduate TA Training
The Graduate School will host the Annual 2023 Teaching Assistant Training beginning in mid-August. This 5-part TA Training is held live, via Zoom (except for Breakfast on the Quad and the asynchronous Brightspace modules). Each year, we ask all TAs to participate in TA Training, even if you have participated in the past. We will meet the Deans and address important topics covered in previous workshops, as well as content based on new initiatives.
- Mental Health First Aid Training for Graduate TAs (via Zoom) – mid-August, multiple sessions – August MHFA Registration Closed. Register for MHFA Training this Fall HERE
- Self-Paced TA Training Brightspace Modules (via Brightspace) – early August
- Know Your Instructional Tech Tools: Intro & Refresher on Brightspace (via Zoom) – Monday, August 28, 2:30-4 p.m.
- Live Virtual TA Workshop (via Zoom) – Wednesday, August 30, 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Breakfast on the Quad (in-person) – Friday, September 1, 9-10:30 a.m.
Once you register, you will receive links to access all 5 parts of TA Training.
*REQUIRED TITLE IX SEXUAL MISCONDUCT PREVENTION TRAINING: If you attend the “Title IX” session of the 2023 TA Training Workshop, either live or via Brightspace, and your participation is confirmed, you will be deemed in compliance with the university’s Title IX Sexual Misconduct Prevention Training for its employees and certified for completing this required training. More information HERE.
RECORDING: TA Live Training and Tech Training sessions will be recorded and posted to the Brightspace page. Mental Health First Aid sessions will not be recorded because participants share personal information not appropriate for distribution.
For more information: contact Cara Mitnick, Director of Professional and Community Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.