Harrington School of Communication and Media
Living and Learning Community
The Harrington School of Communication and Media Living and Learning Community provides first-year students with a living environment that promotes personal growth, academic success, and a smooth transition from high school to college. See an overview of LLCs at URI.
Incoming first-year students admitted with a Harrington School major who request on-campus housing are automatically eligible for assignment to the Harrington School LLC residence hall.
Learn more about Living and Learning Community housing assignments.
Programming and Traditions
Here are just a few of the opportunities available to you through the Harrington School LLC as a first year student, whether or not you live in Butterfield Hall:
- Meet Harrington School faculty
- Get in-depth and one-on-one academic advising and help with registering for the classes you want
- Exclusive access to tour facilities
- Learn about clubs and organizations to complement your classes and experience
- Yoga sessions and other stress-reducing activities
- Film nights and discussions
- Learn about study abroad from students who have done it
- Door-to-Door advising by peers
- Digital media workshops in our multi-million-dollar communication and media hub
- Career and internship advising from Harrington School career specialists
- Exclusive VIP trips to NYC–participate in the audience of a TV Show
Staff and Contacts
Resident Academic Mentor (RAM)
Alana Bibeau, Assistant Professor Sociology