- Assistant Teaching Professor of Amplified Voice, Advisor: Music Education
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Location: Fine Arts Center, D104
Atla DeChamplain is a jazz vocalist and lyricist specializing in vocalese. She received her bachelors from Jackie McLean Institute of Jazz at the Hartt School of Music and her masters from the University of Toledo, where she was mentored by the legendary Jon Hendricks. Passionate about helping vocalists of all backgrounds develop thorough musicianship skills and healthy technique, she has taught at several universities, maintains a private studio, and offers high-school, under-grad, and master-level clinics on topics including improvisation, the art of practicing, proper body alignment for vocalists, and melodic rephrasing.
- M.M. in Jazz Studies, University of Toledo
- B.A. in Jazz Studies Vocal Performance, Hartt School of Music, University of Hartford