- Director of Bands
- Phone: 401.874.2799
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Location: Fine Arts Center, E204
Dr. Brian Cardany is the Director of Bands at the University of Rhode Island, where he conducts the Wind Ensemble and Concert Band, directs the athletic bands, and teaches instrumental conducting. He also serves as coordinator for both the Southern New England Honor Band and URI Commencement music activities, and is the conductor for the URI Alumni Wind Ensemble.
His efforts to promote new music and works of artistic merit has included a presentation at the Midwest Clinic, several contributions to the Teaching Music Through Performance series (GIA Publications) and regular involvement with commissions and the recording of new works.
As an avid supporter of life-long music making, Dr. Cardany also serves as conductor for four Rhode Island community ensembles, including The American Band, the Ocean State Pops Orchestra, the South County Chamber Orchestra, and the South Kingstown Community String Orchestra.
- D.M.A. in music education, Arizona State University, 2006
- M.M. in music education, Arizona State University, 2000
- B.M. in music education, James Madison University, 1992