- Research Associate/Adjunct Professor
- Plant Science and Entomology/IPM/URI Biocontrol Lab/
- Phone: 401.874.2750
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Location: Quarantine Lab, URI Greenhouse Complex
- Website: http://web.uri.edu/biocontrol
I have been an entomologist at the University of Rhode Island, specializing in integrated pest management and biological control for 37 years. I am currently co-director for Rhode Island’s IPM program with Heather Faubert; working with growers to utilizing integrated pest management practices.
The URI Biocontrol Lab specializes in research and implementation of biological control of invasive insects and weeds using insect biocontrol agents. Current projects include invasive swallow-worts, emerald ash borer, spotted lanternfly and Japanese knotweed.
- Lambert AM, Tewksbury LA, Casagrande RA. Performance of a Native Butterfly and Introduced Moth on Native and Introduced Lineages of Phragmites australis. Insects. 2021; 12(12):1102. https://doi.org/10.3390/insects12121102
- Elkinton, J. S., T. D. Bittner, V. J. Pasquarella, G. H, Boetbrer, A. M, Liebhold, J. R. Gould, H. Faubert, L. Tewksbury, H. J. Broadley, N. P. Havill, and A. E. Hajek. 2019. Relating Aerial Deposition of Entomophaga maimaiga Conidia (Zoopagomycota: Entomophthorales) to Mortality of Gypsy Moth (Lepidoptera: Erebidae) Larvae and Nearby Defoliation. Environmental Entomology 48(5):1214-1222 doi: l0.1093leelnvz}9l.
- Lake, E C.., L. Tewksbury, M. C. Smith, F, A. Dray Jr., A. D. Russell, p. T. Madeira, M.B.Rayamajhia, and R, A. Casagrande. 2020.Potential for negative interactions between successful arthropod and weed biological control 2 programs: a case study with Lilioceris species. Biological Control 144:104218. DOI: 10.1016/j.biocontrol.2020.104218
- Blossey, B., P. Häfliger, L. Tewksbury, A. Dávalos, R. Casagrande. 2018. Host specificity of Archanara geminipuncta and Archanara neurica, two potential biocontrol agents for Phragmites australis in North America. Biological Control.125:98-112.
- Blossey, B., P. Häfliger, L. Tewksbury, A. Dávalos, R. Casagrande. 2018. Complete host specificity test plant list and associated data to assess host specificity of Archanara geminipuncta and Archanara neurica, two potential biocontrol agents for invasive Phragmites australis in North America. Data in Brief. 19:1755-1765 www.elsevier.com/locate/dib
- Bourchier, R.S., N. Cappuccino, A. Rochette., J. des Rivières, S.M. Smith, L. Tewksbury & R. Casagrande. 2019. Establishment of Hypena opulenta (Lepidoptera: Erebidae) on Vincetoxicum rossicum in Ontario, Canada, Biocontrol Science and Technology, 29:9, 917-923, DOI: 10.1080/09583157.2019.1608511
- Casagrande, R.A., P.A. Häfliger, H. Hinz, L. Tewksbury, B. Blossey. 2018. Grasses as appropriate targets in weed biocontrol: Is the common reed, Phragmites australis, an anomaly? Biocontrol. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10526-018-9871-y
- Tewksbury, L., Casagrande, R.A., Cappuccino, N. and Kenis, M., 2017. Establishment of Parasitoids of the Lily Leaf Beetle (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) in North America. Environmental Entomology March 7, 2017.