News and Media
- Dr. Feldstein Ewing has launched the Adolescent Neuroscience Center for Health Resilience (ANCHoR) at the University of Rhode Island as of September 2020! Stay tuned for more ANCHoR announcements as the Center continues the work of Dr. Feldstein Ewing’s previous lab (TRAC Lab, OHSU) and kicks off new collaborations.
- “Naltrexone: How Taking a Pill May Help Curb Binge Drinking,” health.com article by Kaitlin Sullivan (February, 2023).
- “Former members allege reckless and isolating behavior at Kansas City teenage addiction program,” KCUR NPR Kansas City article by Noah Taborda (February, 2023).
- “Special issue of Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience features national ABCD study, OHSU researchers,” OHSU Research News article by Casey Williamson (June, 2018)
- “The Pot Shop Around the Corner,” PDX Parent article by Beth Slovic (July, 2017)
- “Research Week 2017: Kids will be kids. But why?” OHSU News Research Week feature by Tracy Brawley (May, 2017)
- “Neuroimaging Spotlights the Impact of Therapists’ Words on Teen Brains,” NIAAA Spectrum website’s “News From the Field” column (September, 2016)
- “Breaking Free from Addiction,” APA Monitor cover story by Lea Winerman (June, 2013)
- View Dr. Feldstein Ewing’s invited lecture at the Aarhus University’s Centre for Alcohol and Drug Research in Denmark. (August, 2018).
- Learn more about the ABCD study, and what it looks like to participate in an MRI study, in this short KATU News video and article (January, 2017).
- KDRV aired a brief segment on marijuana and the teen brain. Watch the video and read a short accompanying article (July, 2015).
- Check out Dr. Feldstein Ewing’s recent (early 2017) talk on “Addiction and the Adolescent Brain” for the MacArthur Foundation Research Network on Law and Neuroscience.
- As part of the first Science of Change conference in June 2015, Dr. Feldstein Ewing presented “Imaging Mechanisms of Behavior Change in Motivational Interviewing: Collaboration Between a Clinician and a Neuroimager” with collaborator Dr. Francesca Filbey. Check out the talk (Dr. Feldstein Ewing’s portion starts at 16:45).
- Dr. Feldstein Ewing was invited to speak about alcohol use and the teenage brain while working at the Mind Research Network in New Mexico (August, 2011). Watch the interview.