The SNeC lab is led by Dr. Bin Li. With the recent advances in Artificial Intelligence techniques, there is a strong need for pushing machine intelligence to mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablets, e-readers, and smart watches. In the SNeC Lab, we conduct research at the intersection of networking, machine learning, and system development, with their applications in networking for virtual and augmented reality, edge computing, and Internet-of-Things (IoT).
To Prospective Students and Visiting Scholars
- Dr. Bin Li constantly looks for highly self-motivated Ph.D. students who are interested in the research at the intersection of networking, machine learning, and system development, with their applications in networking for virtual and augmented reality, edge computing, and Internet-of-Things (IoT). Students admitted to our Ph.D. program will receive full financial support through either teaching or research assistantships. Please email him with your CV and undergraduate/graduate transcripts if you are interested.
- Both master and undergraduate students at the University of Rhode Island are encouraged to discuss with Dr. Bin Li if you are interested in our research.
- Visiting scholars/students are highly welcome to join our group for short term visit.
- [March 2021]: Ph.D. students, Xudong Qin and Jiangong Chen received IEEE INFOCOM 2021 Student Conference Grant. Congratulations to Xudong and Jiangong!
- [February 2021]: Dr. Bin Li was awarded a Distinguished Member of the INFOCOM 2021 Technical Program Committee.
- [December 2020]: Dr. Bin Li will serve as the TPC Vice-Chair for Submissions in WiOpt 2021.
- [October 2020]: Dr. Bin Li was elevated to a senior member of the IEEE.
- [October 2020]: Dr. Bin Li served as a mentor for N2Women virtual event in ACM MobiHoc 2020 conference.
- [September 2020]: Dr. Bin Li was invited to be a guest in The Peggy Smedley Show to introduce mixed reality technology and its application in firefighter training.
- [September 2020]: Dr. Bin Li co-organized URI second Immerse-a-thon event for exploring virtual/augmented applications beyond gaming, and delivered the talk on the virtual/augmented reality technology.
- [September 2020]: Dr. Bin Li was invited to be a panelist for the panel on AR/VR/XR over wireless networks: challenges and opportunities in the 21st IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (IEEE WOWMOM 2020).
- [March 2020]: Dr. Bin Li received the prestigious NSF CAREER Award to develop joint communication, computation, and learning algorithms for wireless collaborative mixed reality networks. Thanks NSF!
- [February 2020]: Dr. Bin Li received the prestigious Google Faculty Research Award . The news appeared in Google AI Blog. Thanks Google!