Welcome to the Center for Career & Experiential Education. The Center for Career & Experiential Education encourages you to think about your skills, abilities, interests and values in relation to your course work, co-curricular activities, hobbies and volunteer or paid work experience. This leads to a better understanding of what majors and careers are more likely to offer you satisfaction and a sense of achievement.
Here is a list of resources to assist you along your journey. You can also meet with a Career Education Specialist by logging onto RhodyNet.
Searching for Jobs, Internships, & Volunteer Opportunities
- Attend an event to meet employers
- RhodyNet: exclusive job, internship, and volunteer database for URI students
- College Grad Job Hunter
- Federal Jobs by College Major
- EmployRI: RI jobs and internships
- bRIdge.jobs: RI internships
- Idealist: make a difference – global job, internship, and volunteer database
- Intern Match: internships
- Internships.com: internships
- LaunchCode: technology jobs and internships
- Simply Hired: jobs and internships
- Glassdoor for Students: internships, entry level jobs, salaries, career paths, companies, and interview questions.
- USA Jobs For Students: internships and jobs with the US federal government
- RICOMJOB: join an email listserv focused on community jobs in RI & Southern MA
Professional Development Modules
These self-paced career education lessons allow you to explore several professional development topics including: resume, job and internship searching, exploring majors and more. Please click on the link and follow the directions inside each module in order to learn about the topic.
Develop Your Brand
Internship for Credit
Volunteer & Civic Engagement
- Volunteer to gain more experience and network in your field
Post Grad Options
- National & International Service (Coming Soon!)
- Graduate School Resources (Coming Soon!)
- Join the URI Alumni Association