In order to apply for a Flagship Scholarship for the following summer or academic year, submit an online application by March 1, including a current resume and a letter of application explaining your reasons for applying to the indicated programs; an honest assessment of your financial situation, including how you finance your studies, what level of loan commitments you already have and what financial aid you qualify for; and why you think the Chinese Flagship Program should support you with scholarship aid for this program.
Eligibility Criteria for All Awards:
- Current URI Flagship Student
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3
- Commitment to the Flagship Program, demonstrated through:
- involvement in extracurricular activities related to the target language and culture
- leadership and community involvement
- Proof of application for other awards, i.e., Gilman, Boren, Demers.
Application Deadline: March 1