- Professor Emeritus
- Phone: 401.874.4086
- Email: email@example.com
- Racial questions in sports
- the Vatican
- the Holocaust
Ph.D., New York University, 1966
B.A., New York University, 1955
- The Chief Rabbi, the Pope and the Holocaust: An Era in Vatican-Jewish Relations (New Brunswick: Transaction, 1992), written with Wallace P. Sillanpoa.
- Israel in the Black American Perspective (Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press, 1985), assisted by Richard Kazarian.
- Genocide?: Birth Control and the Black American (Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press and Two Continents, 1975).
- Ebony Kinship: African, Africans, and the Afro-American (Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press, 1973).
- Bittersweet Encounter: The Afro-American and the American Jew (Westport, Connecticut: Negro University Press, 1970), written with Arthur Stein. This book was also published in paperback edition by Schocken books in the fall of 1972.
- African Zion: The Attempt to Establish a Jewish Colony in the East Africa Protectorate 1903-1905 (Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society, 1968).
- “1930’s Olympic Spirit Was Marred by Prejudice,” Jewish Voice and Herald, August, 2004, p. 43.
- “The King, the Cardinal, and the Pope: Leopold II’s Genocide in the Congo and the Vatican,”Journal of Genocide Research, 5 (2003), 35-45.
- “Pope Pius XII and the Christmas Broadcast,” Jewish Currents, (March-April 2003), pp. 10-12.
- “A Question of Race: Pope Pius XII and the ‘Colored Troops’ in Italy,” The Historian, 65 (Winter 2002): 404-417.
- “Reciprocal Respect: Blacks, Jews, and the Holocaust,” Jewish Currents, (January-February 2002), pp.4-8.
- “Cruelty in the Congo-Rhode Island’s Model Legislator, “Providence Journal, 11 March 2000 (with Robert Gutchen).
- “Kissing Kids: Don’t Chuckle,” Providence Journal, 22 February 1997.
- Preface to Robert A. Rockaway’s, The Jews Cannot Defeat Me: The Anti-Jewish Campaign of Louis Farrakhan of the Nation of Islam (Tel Aviv University, 1995).
- “Black American Perceptions of the Titanic,” Journal of Popular Culture, 28 (Winter 1994), pp. 245-250.
- “Jews, Black Muslims and the Slave Rebel Nat Turner,” Jewish Spectator (Winter 1994-1995), pp.40-41.
- “White Racism, Apes, and Asininity,” Providence Journal, 16 June 1994. “Max Schmeling: Righteous Ring Warrior,” History Today (January 1993), pp. 36-41.