Honors Program Early Registration
To be eligible for early registration, Honors students must meet all of the following requirements:
- Have a cumulative URI grade point average of 3.40 or higher for students who begin their studies at URI in the fall of 2015 or later and 3.30 or higher for students who began their studies in the fall of 2014 or earlier;
- Have completed at least once Honors course (ever)*; and
- Make satisfactory progress towards Honors Program requirements by having completed at least one Honors course within the previous two semesters (academic year) or be enrolled in an Honors course during the current semester* (e.g., to be eligible for early registration for Spring 2016, students must have taken a course in Fall 2014, J Term 2016, Spring 2015, or Summer 2015, or be currently enrolled in a Fall 2015 course)
*Exception: Second-semester freshmen who are enrolled in their first Honors course in the spring and have a 3.4 or higher URI GPA are exempted from this requirement and will be invited to complete early registration for the fall.
Early registration is not automatic. At the beginning of each semester, eligible students are notified about the opportunity to register early for courses the following semester. To receive early registration, eligible Honors students must complete all of the following requirements:
- Attend a group advising session with an Honors advisor (schedule is announced at the beginning of each semester, with eligibility notification);
- Declare your intent to complete the Honors Program and file a form indicating your progress towards program completion; and
- Meet with your major or University College advisor to discuss how best to integrate Honors requirements with your program(s) of study; have your advisor sign your Honors form and submit the signed copy to the Honors Program office by the specified deadline.
NOTE: Failure to submit the form on time will result in loss of eligibility for early registration the next semester.