How to Change Your Room or Roommate

To submit a Room or Roommate Change Request, residents must log into their MyHousing account, select Room Selection from the menu, and then select Request a Room Change.

Please note that University Residence Halls are typically filled to maximum capacity, change requests are not guaranteed.

There are three options for requesting a room change:

  1. Specific Room Change Request – for residents who are aware of a specific room to which they would like to move, in which there is a potential vacancy.
  2. Standard Room Change Request – for residents who would like to move but can wait until a vacancy is available.
  3. Priority Room Change Request – for residents who wish to move IMMEDIATELY and will take the next available vacancy in any room in any building.

Important Note to All Students Conducting Room or Roommate Changes:

Please note that room rates vary depending on the specific residence hall, suite or apartment and room configuration to which the resident has been assigned.  Residents who switch rooms or roommates are responsible for paying the housing rate of the newly assigned residence room or room configuration, regardless of the reason for the change.

Think Big We Do

Copyright © 2017 University of Rhode Island.