Abdullahi Bindawa

Nigeria

Level I

LGMC Secretary, The Presidency Office, Nigeria
1) Recognized as a Peace-builder by United States Institute of Peace Studies, U.S.A.
2) Ambassador of Peace awarded by the United Nations Peacekeeping Training Center, India and U.S.A.
3) Certification as a Level I Kingian Nonviolence Conflict Reconciliation Trainer by University of Rhode Island, Center for Nonviolence and Peace Studies, U.S.A.
4) Awarded a Gold Medal by American Biographical Institute (ABI) U.S.A on Peace Building Matters.

First I would like to express my appreciation for this opportunity that I attended for the 2013 International Nonviolence Summer Institute and graduate from the Center for Nonviolence & Peace Studies University of Rhode Island though I holding a different Certificate with a good experience Skills in terms of Delivering a Peace Message.

With the background knowledge I have in Peacebuilding and Defense Studies, I strongly feel that training in Peacebuilding will be very relevant to my practice in my country Nigeria. I am planning to transfer all what I gained from this Center to Ministry of Defence Headquarters and the Presidency Office as well as in local communities with an aim to improve peacebuilding course through Nonviolence training.

• My Special Interest area in Conflict transformation and Peacebuilding is Nonviolent direct action, Policy dialogue, regulation-negotiation, shared decision-making. In “policy dialogue,” and “shared decision-making,” representatives of affected parties and sectors of the public (termed “stakeholders”) work together with government officials to develop policies or regulations.
  • I already implemented a project in Northern state which started with series of letters, meetings and trainings with the relevant stakeholders in the Peaceful Campaign Awareness project through Kingian Nonviolence Conflict Reconciliation training. The crime victimization survey started on 16th of August, 2013, and ended in 15 days later, it took place in 14 LGAs in Northern metropolis with 14 supervisors and 28 enumerators from both State and Local Government that affected by Boko Haram insurgencies activities.
  • The community police partnership forum project is over and had been accomplished, it was a two month project that started on December 2014 and ended on February 2014. The implementation of community policing in Northern state is an ongoing project, which started on March 1, 2014. It shall end in March, 2016.

Mobile Cellphone Numbers: +2348035300910,

Email: mybindawa@yahoo.com

Skype: bindawa_presidency

Twitter: @bindawa_peace

Facebook ID: http://www.facebook.com/ambabdullahi.bindawa

http://web.uri.edu/nonviolence/abdullahi-bindawa/

Bindawa