There are several ways to get involved with The S.M.I.L.E. Program as a URI student:
Elementary Outdoor Science Adventure:
Enroll in a spring semester course that meets weekly and work with other college students to develop an environmental lesson plan and teach it to 4th and 5th grade students at Alton Jones (April 10-12)!
- Open to all majors, although knowledge of environmental science necessary
- Receive up to 3 credits in NRS or PLS and two certificates.
- To set up an interview, contact Heather Hamilton Heather.email@example.com or 874-2036.
Middle and High School Engineering Challenge Weekends:
Attend an info session in February to learn about the challenge and how to get involved. Check back in January to find out when and where the info session will be taking place (usually in February).
- Open to all majors. No knowledge of engineering necessary. Time commitment at event(s) is flexible.
- Receive a certificate of participation.
THIS YEAR’S CHALLENGES AT URI
|High School: March 27-28
|Middle School: March 6-7
CRANES & MAGLEV TRAINS