There are several ways to get involved with The S.M.I.L.E. Program as a URI student:
Elementary Outdoor Science Adventure:
Enroll in a spring semester course that meets weekly and work with other college students to develop an environmental lesson plan and teach it to 5th grade students at the Environmental Education Center at URI’s W. Alton Jones Campus (April 8-10)!
- Open to all majors, although knowledge of environmental science necessary
- Receive up to 3 credits in NRS or PLS and two certificates.
- To set up an interview, contact Heather Hamilton: firstname.lastname@example.org or 874-2036. We recruit in October of each year!
Middle and High School Engineering Challenge Weekends:
Attend an information session in February to learn about the challenge and how to get involved.
- Open to all majors. No knowledge of engineering necessary. Time commitment at event(s) is flexible.
- Receive a certificate of participation.
THIS YEAR’S CHALLENGES AT URI
|High School: April 29-30
“Lighter than Air”
|Middle School: March 11-12