Andrew Champagne (罗安祖) ’15

Biological Sciences, Chinese

What have you been doing professionally since graduating from the Flagship Program?

I am an IT Project Manager and software developer for Adomi Limited. I work directly with clients and CEOs from Asia to translate their ideas into a roadmap for a team of developers and engineers. We build custom websites, enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, and customer resource management (CRM) systems for these Chinese clients.

How has your experience in the URI Chinese Language Flagship Program helped you personally and professionally?

Through the Flagship program, I learned the skills necessary to network with Chinese manufacturers, businesses, and people. This has helped my career tremendously as I found stable employment opportunities reaching out to me before I even graduated. I ended up consulting on international projects for a few companies while still in school and my student loans were paid off within three months of graduation.

What advice do you have for incoming or prospective students?

A background in Chinese is a perfect supplement to an otherwise strong CV. Research the job market ahead of time and always remember that your time at school is to help you enter the workforce. Keep your thoughts clear and focus on your studies so that you graduate one step ahead.