CRC Reaches 50 Years! Help celebrate this milestone with us!
What is CRC?
The Coastal Resources Center in the Graduate School of Oceanography at the University of Rhode Island focuses on using science to address societal issues. Learn more about us on the About, Our Work, People and Projects pages.
Why is CRC Important?
Around the world, the Coastal Resources Center (CRC) works with communities and citizens to become more effective stewards of their shores and seas. Partnering with scholars and stakeholders, CRC applies science and empowers communities through collaboration and capacity building.
How do we make a difference?
- U.S. Vice President Harris visits USAID-CRC Fish Right project in Philippines - “We must uphold international rules and norms in the South China Sea in order to protect the lives and livelihoods of the people of Palawan and the Philippines. We will support the economic vitality of these communities and the ecosystems they rely on,” U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris said during her visit to the […]
- Call for Expressions of Interest – Two Positions Available! - The Analytical Support Services and Evaluations for Sustainable Systems (ASSESS) project implements activities in support of USAID’s on-going transformation of its programs, structure, processes, and workforce to operationalize the vision of ending the need for foreign assistance. ASSESS initiated a process to organize capacity building workshops in the form of Webinars, and are looking […]
- No-Cost Aquaculture Farmhand Online Training Program Open for Signup - A new online training program offers skill-building for those considering employment as aquaculture farmhands. The course, “Entry-Level Oyster Farm Worker/Science, Safety & Best Practices for Oyster Farming Workers,” is free and available at https://the-education-exchange1.teachable.com/ and provides instruction tailored to the specific education needs of beginner marine farmhands. The comprehensive program – 16 modules, all […]
- KNUST Hiring for Multiple Evaluation Expert Consultancy Positions (virtual) - Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is hiring for multiple evaluation expert consultancy positions to complete a multi-sectoral evaluation review, quality assessment, and synthesis of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Africa regional evaluations completed between 2017 through 2021. The findings from this assessment will be used by the Africa Bureau […]
- USAID Fish Right Newsletter: May 2022 - How are you celebrating our oceans? May is regarded as the month of the ocean, farmers, and fishermen in the Philippines. Check out this special issue of the Fish Right Program Newsletter from USAID, the US Agency for International Development. This issue features how Fish Right celebrates the month and honors the oceans that sustain […]
- Bob Bowen’s Retirement - Bob Bowen formally joined the Coastal Resources Center (CRC) in 1997. While at CRC, Bob worked as the manager of Management and Information Systems (MIS) for the center’s Rhode Island headquarters and field offices. As the Center’s Webmaster, he assessed and coordinated information technology needs and managed general computer services. He was also co-leader of […]