I am using this webpage to list the reason why WordPress sucks and how it negatively impacts how we present our research works. I am mainly using this as a summary until one day we can have more freedoms to choose how we can build our website.
- It cannot change the font size
- It cannot change the page width
- It cannot change the space from “bullet” inputs to the previous normal text paragraph.
- It cannot change the justification type of a paragraph
- It will not automatically adjust figures based on how you open the webpage (like from a computer or from a cell phone)
- The news post is limited in number of lines of texts that can be displayed, forcing the readers one more click to read the whole post.
The following bugs are from the WordPress panel to edit all those web pages:
- The included media preview will not able to read a whole pdf file.
- The function button to put a post at the top of the page is not working