Sheets Building, 15 Receiving Road, Narragansett, RI 02882 – USA
email@example.com – Nicole Larkin
- Now Hiring, Assistant Professor of Geotechnical Engineering - The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Rhode Island (URI) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the assistant professor level in the broad area of geotechnical engineering. Appointment August 2024.
- COE Welcomes New Faculty - Mehrshad Amini, Assistant Professor, CVE/OCE Dr. Mehrshad Amini will join the University of Rhode Island in Fall 2023 as an Assistant Professor with a joint appointment in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and the Department of Ocean Engineering. He completed his Ph.D. in Civil and Environmental Engineering at Pennsylvania State University in 2021. […]
- URI Engineering Researchers Awarded $750k Grant on Floating Wind Turbines - The Biden administration has set a goal of deploying enough offshore wind turbines to produce 30 gigawatts—enough to power tens of millions of homes—by 2035. Key to that strategy is the development of floating wind turbines that can be built in vast areas of deeper water.
- URI College of Engineering Awarded $1.14 Million to Attract Under Represented Students - University of Rhode Island Associate Professor Samantha Meenach is the recipient of a federal grant that will help students from underrepresented groups pursue studies in undergraduate bioengineering and bioscience research programs and eventually apply to graduate school in these disciplines.
- Student Spotlight: Isaac Scarborough - By Kat Billo ’25 Tell us a little about yourself. “My name is Isaac Scarborough and I’m from Millsboro Delaware, I am a junior in the Ocean Engineering program.” Why engineering? “A lot of my family are engineers so I grew up around it and I grew up on the water so I’ve always had […]
- Save the whales- but from what? - By Hugh Markey When ten whales washed up on the New Jersey shoreline over the course a few months in 2023, people were understandably concerned. What happened here? How did these beautiful animals meet such ignominious deaths? Might the cause have something to do with wind turbines? URI Ocean Engineering Prof. James Miller says the […]
- End-of-the-Year Awards Presented to College of Engineering Faculty and Staff - Dean Anthony Marchese presented end-of-the-year awards to faculty and staff members during the College of Engineering’s holiday event on Dec. 16. The recipients were nominated by their peers and by engineering students.
- Student Projects Showcased at Research Fellows Symposium - Among the 48 URI students who presented their research projects at the Annual Undergraduate Research Fellows Symposium on Dec. 14 were 10 engineering students.
Professor and Department Chair
Sheets 111, Narragansett Bay Campus
Sheets, Narragansett Bay Campus
Sheets 217, Narragansett Bay Campus
Sheets 216, Narragansett Bay Campus
Distinguished Engineering Professor
215 Sheets, Narragansett Bay Campus
Sheets 212, Narragansett Bay Campus
220 Sheets Building, Narragansett Bay Campus
Middleton 115, Narragansett Bay Campus
Horn 111, Narragansett Bay Campus
Tech Staff Assistant
Administrative Assistant, Scientific Research Grant Assistant