Engineering Alumnus Receives 40 Under Forty Award

Jean-Paul Vandeputte with wife Jenna
Jean-Paul Vandeputte with his wife Jenna at the 40 Under Forty awards event. Jenna is also a 2008 graduate of URI.

University of Rhode Island alumnus Jean-Paul Vandeputte was among those honored recently by Providence Business News with a 40 Under Forty award.

Vandeputte, who is 36, earned a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from URI in 2008. Since 2011, he’s been the director of engineering at RISE Engineering.

The 40 Under Forty award recognizes individuals under the age of 40 who have excelled in their profession and are involved in their communities.

“This award is attributed to the support I’ve received throughout my education and professional career,” said Vandeputte. “Without my family, peers, RISE, and strong engineering foundation from URI, none of this would possible. I’m proud to call Rhode Island my home where I can help meet the challenges of a changing world.”

Daniel Roxbury, an associate professor of chemical engineering at URI, was also among the 40 recipients of this year’s awards.