We would enjoy meeting you and having the opportunity to share with you the engaging learning experience that you can receive only at the University of Rhode Island College of Engineering.
If you are a prospective undergraduate student (first-year or transfer) we offer several ways to visit and connect with us:
- Campus Tour includes a look at our beautiful campus, academic buildings including the brand new Fascitelli Center for Advanced Engineering, a typical residence hall, and a dining hall.
- Open Houses and Welcome Days
- The University’s annual fall Open House event provides a more comprehensive opportunity for prospective students and their families to learn about the institution and the college. At this event you can meet our faculty and students, as well as representatives from departments and organizations across campus. Check the Admission
- The University’s annual spring Welcome Days event event provides admitted students with the most comprehensive visit experience. During this event you can meet our faculty and students, as well representatives from departments and organizations across campus. In addition, tours of the ELLC are available. Admitted students are invited by the University Admission Office to this event.
- Admission Information Sessions, offers a campus tour and time to meet with an admissions representative. The University’s Admission Information Session provides an overview of our academic, living, and social opportunities. Led by an admissions professional, you’ll learn important details about the University’s application process.
- Check the Admission website for more information on Engineering Combo Visits, that should be scheduled year-round. This opportunity includes a specific overview of the College of Engineering after you complete a campus tour and general admission information session.
- Like a Ram and Shadow Days, primarily for admitted students and high school seniors, provide an opportunity to walk through a day in the life of a current URI student. Events include “Engineering Like a Ram”, “Individual Shadow Experience”, “Women in Engineering Day”, “Multicultural Overnight Program”, and more.
|Admission Information Session||Like a Ram/Shadow Day||Open House||Welcome Day|
|Who||Prospective Students||Prospective and Admitted Students||Prospective Students||Admitted Students|
|When||Year Round||Fall and Spring||Fall||Spring (By Invitation Only)|
|Where||Calendar||Welcome Center||Memorial Union||Ryan Center|
|Meet an Admission Officer|
|Meet an Engineering Dean||(some)|
|Meet Engineering Faculty|
|Meet Engineering Students|
|Learn about the ELLC|
|Tour the ELLC|