Skip to content
- Making the Most of Conferences and Professional Meetings, Wed., Oct. 4, 1-2pm, via Zoom. This is a joint program with UConn Graduate School.
- Grant and Fellowship Writing Basics for Grad Students, Thurs., Oct. 5, 12-1pm, via Zoom. Karen Markin of URI’s Research Office will present.
- Thesis/Dissertation Orientation, offered 2x on Zoom: Thurs., Oct. 12, 12-1pm, Register HERE, or Thurs., Oct. 12, 5-6pm, Register HERE. This will be recorded.
- Salary Negotiation Seminar, Wed., Oct. 11, 5-6:30pm, in person in FCAE 010C (Fascitelli Center for Advanced Engineering) Register on Handshake. Or via Zoom
- Overcoming Writer’s Block, Thurs., Oct. 19, 12-1 pm, via Zoom
- Teaching at a Teaching Intensive Institution Mini-Conference, Moved to Fri., Oct. 20, More info to follow. Via Zoom.
- Introduction to Equitable and Inclusive Teaching, Wed., Oct. 25, 9-11am, via Zoom. This counts towards the Equitable & Inclusive Teaching & Pedagogy Badge Program.
- “Half-Life” Your Research Message! Craft a Short Research Summary for Your Elevator Pitch, Thurs., Oct. 26, 9-10:30 a.m., in person 250 Pastore Hall. Breakfast served! Register: HERE
- LinkedIn Headshots with Professional Photographer, Wed., Nov. 1, 12-2 p.m., 250 Pastore Hall. Free! Register: HERE
- Improve Your Research Imagery: Tips for Effective Slide Design, Wed., Nov. 8, 4-5:30 pm.
- Preparation and Tips for Your Research/Job Talk, Thurs., Nov. 9, 12-1 pm. via Zoom. This is a joint program with UConn Graduate School.
- Creating Your Individual Development Plan to Achieve Your Academic and Career Goals, Wed., Nov. 15, 12-1pm via Zoom.
- Create an Effective and Concise Research Talk Using “Word Pictures”, Thurs., Nov. 16, 4-5:30 pm, in person, 250 Pastore Hall. Refreshments!
- Reimagining Productivity: More Self-Care = Less Stress, Tues., Nov. 28, 12-1pm via Zoom.
Recent Graduate School Newsletters/Events:
grad school newsletters