Effective oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills are key attributes employers look for, regardless of profession.
The Communication Studies major provides you with a solid foundation in all aspects of communications that you can apply to any field, including public relations, law, advocacy, promotion, consulting, advising, politics, sales, advertising, marketing, and mediation. This innovative degree program combines the latest research with hands-on experience to prepare graduates for a career in a broad range of industries. You’ll develop in-depth expertise within your chosen area of specialization that can be tailored to meet your professional goals.
Research specialization areas
- Public Relations
- Political Science
- Health Studies
- Public Speaking and Persuasion
- Social Media and Video Communication
- Media Advertising, Programming and Production
- Communication across Cultures
- Organizational and Professional Communication
- Science, Environmental and Health Communication
Davis Hall Rm 204
10 Lippitt Rd
Kingston, RI 02881