The public relations program showcases an innovative curriculum grounded in the integration of theory and practice to prepare students for dynamic careers in the field. Students engage with our dynamic faculty of expert practitioners and distinguished scholars, focusing on real-world applications such as contemporary case-studies, hands-on campaign creation and social media strategies.
By completing this degree, you will be prepared to enter into the field of public relations in positions such as public relations specialist, social media specialist, communication specialist, media relations specialist, or event manager.
Why Public Relations at the Harrington School
- Develop industry skills through real-world examples, including writing strategies for social media, analytics, writing effective press releases, media relations, and public relations campaign design.
- Collaborate with faculty through experiential learning projects and innovative courses such as PRS300 Social Media Strategies for the PR Professional and WRT/PRS 331 Writing Public Relations.
- Acquire a deeper understanding of current trends in public relations and digital marketing across various types of organizations by participating in meaningful internships
- Select a focus area, such as Event Management, Entrepreneurial Skills or Social Media, to differentiate yourself as a viable candidate for employment upon graduation.
- Learn to market and brand yourself as future communications and public relations professional
- Experience small class sizes and close collaborations with faculty and other students
Davis Hall Rm 204
10 Lippitt Rd
Kingston, RI 02881