Student Spotlight

• Isabelle Boullier ’24 - There is broad opportunity in pursuing a career in health studies. URI does a great job offering specializations that touch on many aspects of public health, along with study abroad opportunities, extracurriculars, and special events.
  • Lucy Kaczmarski ’24 - In my opinion, the greatest strength of this major is its versatility. You may start on the same path as your classmates and end up heading in completely different directions. There is no "right choice" - it's all right.
  • Stephanie Franca Rich ’24 - The biggest takeaway from my experience at URI is the sense of community. As a Block Island resident, my biggest fear was not being able to fit in.
  • Jack Watson ’24 - The supportive and wonderful staff in the major have made it an exceptional program. From the professors to the academic advisors to the teaching assistants, I have always felt able to reach out for guidance and advice.
  • Samuel Gaston ’23 - I came to URI to begin creating a legacy for myself and the family I’ll create one day. I believe the path to success begins with educating oneself.
  • Emily Gamache ’24 - I chose URI because I fell in love with the environment and quad when touring. I loved how close the beach was, and the idea of living in a beach house was so exciting.
  • Rico Stracco ’23 - I chose URI because I wanted to experience a new environment that wasn't too far from home.
  • Emma Dallaire ’22 - I came to URI because I wanted a different environment than what I grew up with. I also loved URI’s campus and the extracurriculars they had. It was honestly a very spontaneous decision, but I don’t have any regrets.
  • Lili Klayman ’22 - When I stepped onto the URI campus during the school tour, I just knew that this university was the place for me. I also liked that the school was close to the ocean and had a lot of extracurricular activities!
  • Luisa Santos ’22 - There are several reasons as to why I chose to come to URI! The biggest reason was being accepted into the Talent Development program that made me part of a community of people with similar backgrounds as me while also opening the door for endless opportunities. I was also fascinated by all the different STEM majors that could allow me to work in the healthcare field one day.