Promote event information and news of interest to students, faculty, staff, and visitors in the residence halls.
The residence halls are a great place to promote your event, but space is limited. The guidelines below apply to paper flyers and digital display advertising.
Housing & Residential Life (HRL) has final discretion over all materials within the residence halls. We do not accept advertising that is commercial in nature other than URI-affiliated charitable efforts. Space is limited. Priority of requests falls in this order:
- HRL related content (including programs or events)
- Campus activities, programs or events
- URI-affiliated organizations
All advertising requests for residence halls should be made at least one week prior to the proposed promotion start date, and include the duration of the advertising/end date, and contact person/information. Requests must be submitted using the form on this page.
All requests should meet the following requirements:
- Files should be in PDF, PNG or JPG/JPEG file format.
- All images must be in landscape format; use a resolution of 1733×1000 pixels (width/height), or document size of 26in x 15in.
- Approved content is posted for maximum of fourteen (14) days and is removed automatically at midnight the day the event concludes.
- Designed for 8 second presentation to audience.
Once approved, please deliver 25 copies (1 per residence hall), preferably 8.5×11 but no smaller than 5×7 and no larger than 11×17 to Housing and Residential Life, Hillside Hall. Only Housing Residential Life staff members are authorized to distribute, post, and remove flyers.