College of Health Sciences
Living and Learning Community
The College of Health Sciences Living and Learning Community provides first-year students with a living environment that promotes personal growth, academic success, and a smooth transition from high school to college.
See an overview of LLCs at URI
Incoming first-year students admitted with a College of Health Sciences major who request on-campus housing are automatically eligible for assignment to the Health Sciences LLC residence halls (Gorham, Hopkins, Dorr Halls).
Learn more about Living and Learning Community housing assignments.
Programming and Traditions
Here are just a few of the opportunities available to you through the College of Health Sciences LLC as a first year student, whether or not you live in the LLC halls.
- Making registration a piece of cake
- RAM tour of campus highlighting first year schedules
- Attending CHS speakers
- What to do with an HDF major
- Nutrition with Kinesiology professor
- Academic help in biology, nutrition/food science, chemistry
- Social networking opportunities
Staff and Contacts
Resident Academic Mentor (RAM)
Class Year: 2024
Hometown: Warwick, RI
Val Trainor, Coordinator of Student Affairs