The minor in Landscape Architecture is for students who wish to expand their knowledge of human intervention on the landscape while completing their education at URI.
The minor requires a total of 18 credits. Nine of the 18 credits are the required courses and the remaining are elective courses.
Required core courses:
- LAR 201: Survey of Landscape Architecture
- LAR 202: Origins of Landscape Development
- LAR 491: Special Projects and Independent Study
In addition to these courses, completion of nine credits of elective courses from the following list is required in consultation with the landscape architecture minor advisor, Professor Richard Sheridan:
- CPL 410: Fundamentals of Community Planning Practice
- CPL 538: Site Planning
- LAR 302: GIS Applications for Landscape Architecture
- LAR 353: Landscape Plants I
- LAR 354: Landscape Plants II
- PLS 320: Landscape Design
- PLS 350: Herbaceous Garden Plants
These elective courses cannot be simultaneously counted toward a major.
Interested students should contact Professor Jane A. Buxton, 210 Rodman Hall, 401.874.4549 ,Email: email@example.com