Dr. Jeong is an assistant professor of Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Rhode Island. He is a Principal Investigator of the URI Power Electronics Lab.
You can find his Google Scholar Page and CV here.
Think big! WE DO!
☑ We are seeking self-motivated Ph.D. students to join the Power Electronics Lab in the Department of Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Rhode Island. Our lab focuses on high-performance power converters for electric transports, AI-based design tool for Power Electronics, wireless power transfer, and battery self-heating. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV, unofficial transcripts, and English scores to email@example.com. When emailing, kindly use “PhD Application” as the subject line.
- Welcome! Sep 2023– Two undergraduate students joined our research group. Welcome, Mr. Samuel Rebuck and Zachary Weinstein!
- Membership Aug 2023 – Dr. Jeong was evaluated to a Senior member of the IEEE!
- Conference Aug 2023 – Two papers were accepted and submitted to ECCE 2023. Congratulations, and thank you for your excellent work, Xueshen!
- Conference July 2023– Dr. Jeong has been invited to participate as a panelist in the Session of Future Mobility at the 1st World Congress of Korean Scientists and Engineers (WCKSE).
- Congrats! May 2023– Xueshen and Shaun received the 2nd Outstanding Research Assistant and 1st Outstanding Teaching Assistant Awards, respectively. Congratulations to both of them!
- Welcome! May 2023– One undergraduate student joined our research group. Welcome, Mr. Alex Amando!
- New Journal Publication May 2023 – Prof. Jeong’s collaboration paper with Samsung Electronics has been accepted in the IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Industrial Electronics
- New Journal Publication May 2023 – Yun-gi Kwak (the former visiting scholar)’s paper has been accepted in the Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology
- Welcome! January 2023– Two visiting scholars from South Korea joined our research group. Welcome, Prof. Il-oun Lee and Prof. ByoungHee Lee!
- Competition Nov. 2022 – The URI IFEC Team passed the first round and was invited to the second round. Congratulations, URI IFEC Team!
- Conference Oct. 2022 – Two papers were accepted for lecture presentations at the APEC 2023. Congratulations, Xueshen and Shaun!
- Conference Oct 2022 – Prof. Jeong’s collaboration paper is published at the 8th International Conference on Next Generation Computing 2022
- Welcome! July 2022– Two undergraduate students joined our research group for this summer, and they are supported by NDEP/NIUVT program. Welcome, Zach and Gianni!
- Welcome! July 2022– One graduate student from Hanbat National University at South Korea joined our research group as a visiting scholar for this summer. Welcome, Yun-gi Kwak!
- Welcome! May 2022– Two undergraduate students joined our research group. Welcome, Shaun and Edgar!
- Conference May 2022 – Three papers were accepted for lecture at ECCE 2022. Congratulations, Alfred (Co-advisor: Prof. Tao Wei) and Xueshen!
- Conference March 2022 – Two papers were accepted and presented for lecture and poster presentations at the APEC 2022. Congratulations, Xueshen!
- Conference March 2022– One paper was accepted and presented for lecture presentation at the 2022 IEEE Aerospace Conference. Congratulations, Dr. Lee!
- Welcome! Dec 2021– One undergraduate student and visiting scholar joined our research group.
Welcome, Chris and Dr. Na-young Lee!
- Conference Nov 2021 – Xueshen Zhang (Ph. D Student) is awarded Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) Student Attendance Support for his paper. Congratulations, Xueshen!
- Conference Nov 2021 – Prof. Jeong’s one paper is published at The 7th International Conference on Next Generation Computing 2021
- Welcome! Sep 2021– Two graduate students, Showrov Rahman and Xueshen Zhang, join our research group. Welcome, Showrov and Xueshen!
- New Publication Apr 2021 – Keon-woo’s paper, “Low Common-Mode Noise Full-Bridge LLC Resonant Converter With Balanced Resonant Tank,” is published on IEEE TPEL
- New Publication Jan 2021 – Keon-woo’s paper, “Low Common-Mode Noise LLC Resonant Converter With Static-Point-Connected Transformer,” is published on IEEE TPEL
- New Publication Dec 2020 – Prof. Jeong’s paper, “Hold-Up Time Compensation Circuit of Half-Bridge LLC Resonant Converter for High Light-Load Efficiency,” is published on IEEE TPEL
- Conference Nov 2020 – Prof. Jeong’s three papers are published at ECCE-ASIA 2020
- New Publication Oct 2020 – Moo-Hyun’s paper, “Hold-Up Time Extension Method for LLC Resonant Converter by Detecting Operation Region,” is published on IEEE TPEL
- New Publication Sep 2020 – Bhanu’s paper, “Dynamic Control of Region of Attraction using Variable Inductor for Stabilizing DC Microgrids with Constant Power Loads,” is accepted on IEEE TIE
- New Publication Set 2020 – Prof. Jeong’s paper, “High-Efficiency Zero-Voltage-Switching Totem-Pole Bridgeless Rectifier With Integrated Inrush Current Limiter Circuit,” is published on IEEE TIE