The Pre-Health Professions Advising Program supports students and recent alumni preparing to apply for admission to medical, dental, optometry, physician assistant, and other health profession training programs at the doctoral or masters level.
Housed within the University’s Honors Program our program is open to all students and recent alumni. You’ll major in what you want and complete the required course and relevant activities for your intended profession.
The URI difference
Pre-health students who work with the Office of National Fellowships are competitive in highly prestigious national scholarship competitions.
The Early Identification Program with Brown University’s Alpert School of Medicine is open to RI juniors who show exceptional promise.
Johnson and Wales University interviews qualified URI applicants to the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies.
News and events
- Health Equity Scholars, Brown School of Public Health - Information session, September 27, 4-5 pm, Engineering 025C
- Med School Visit: University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine - Tuesday, October 17, 4:00 pm.
- Brown Early Identification Program Info Session - Wednesday, September 20, 4pm, Lippitt 302D. Learn about this admission route to the Alpert Medical School at Brown University.
- URI Grad Tells Current Students How she Got to Med School - Lizzy Tutu, ’16 of Loyola-Strtich Medical School shares her insights about her path from URI to a career in medicine
- A Unique Path to Med School - Pre-health student Julia Santini will attend Brown-Alpert medical school via the early contingent admission route.