The 2018 SURF program is underway!
(May 21 – July 27)
RI C-AIM is now finalizing student participants for the 2018 Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program funded through RI NSF EPSCoR, which will run May 21 – July 27, 2018. SURF provides undergraduates interested an intensive, hands-on research experience investigating questions that address impacts of climate variability on coastal ecosystems.
- Up to thirty-five (35) fellowships will be awarded to qualified undergraduates (rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors)
- Fellows will receive a $4,500 stipend for the 10-week program plus $500 for research supplies
- The SURF program will also include a variety of field trips, seminars, workshops, and networking events
- The program will conclude on Friday, July 27th with the annual SURF Conference, where fellows will present their work to the larger Rhode Island scientific community. To view past conference details, click here!
- Click the following link to view the 2018 project list