If you are unemployed, a senior citizen, a disabled veteran, or a member of the Rhode Island National Guard, you may be eligible for URI tuition waiver benefits. Please note that some restrictions apply.
- Are applicable for credit courses only (audit fees are not covered).
- Are not applicable for courses assessed a flat course fee, or program fee. For example, waivers cannot be applied toward special programs fees, or study abroad invoices.
- Are not applicable to credit overload fees.
- Are not applicable to other standard required fees unless specifically noted.
- May be reduced by financial aid scholarship/grant funds and/or merit-based tuition awards as noted below.
- Information about URI employee tuition waivers can be found on the Human Resources website.