Different policies apply for the following. Please consult appropriate department websites for specific details related to these offerings.:
- Meal Plans
- Graduate professional courses
- Special programs courses
- Travel and study abroad experiences
- Adjustment policies and deadlines provided below do not apply to our accelerated fully online programs. Please visit Online Programs for more information.
Policy For Courses Dropped During Add Period
Tuition and fees are reassessed at the end of the two-week add period. At reassessment, bills are adjusted for add/drop transactions completed during the add period. Enrollment changes made after the add period will not reduce term bills. This policy pertains to downward billing adjustments and would include the following:
- Dropping of credit overload courses
- A change from full-time to part-time status
- Dropping of courses by a part-time student
- Dropping of courses for which program fees and/or course fees have been assessed.
- Credit reduction for a particular course
NOTE: This policy applies only in the event that a student remains continuously enrolled. If a student drops all courses, he/she will be considered “unofficially” withdrawn from the University and the bill will be adjusted in accordance with the schedule provided below.
Policy For Withdrawals And Leaves Of Absence
If you decide not to attend the University after you have registered for the semester, the charges on your bill will remain your responsibility unless you properly withdraw or take a leave of absence from the University. If you withdraw or take leave prior to the start of the semester, you will have no tuition or fee liability. Once the semester has started, you will be held responsible for a portion of your charges in accordance with the University refund schedule for that semester.
URI has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements for the delivery of student refunds. The following choices are available:
- Deposit To An Existing Account – Money is transferred to an existing account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school. Typically, it takes 1 – 2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
- Deposit to a BankMobile Vibe Account – If you open a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school.
- Paper Check Delivered by USPS – A check is mailed the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school, provided receipt is within daily cutoff times. Typically, it takes 5 – 7 business days for the check to arrive, depending on USPS First-Class® delivery timeframes.
We urge you to choose your delivery method as early as possible to avoid refund delays. For more information about BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BTMX, Inc., please click here. Below you will also find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
Ready to choose a refund option?
- Log into e-Campus and navigate to URI Student Financials
- Click “My Refunds” and follow the prompts to make your selection.
- If you have already selected your refund delivery preference but want to make a change, go here and click the log in button in the upper right corner.
- Log in using your email address and password, and follow the prompts to change your refund delivery selection.
In accordance with current U.S. Department of Education Cash Management Regulations, the BankMobile Disbursments Contract and Student Account Data is available for review.
Our refund FAQ can be found here.